From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel Modules
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 11:39:32
1 On Thursday 09 June 2011 11:52:42 Ignas Anikevicius wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I was wondering if it is possible to have a tool with which it would be
5 > possible to have external modules installed for _all_ kernel versions in
6 > my computer. Now I am using 2.6.38 kernel, but would like to try 2.6.39
7 > and the thing is that I would like to have tp_smapi and phc-intel
8 > modules in both kernels. Is it possible to have it without any serious
9 > hacking?
10 >
11 > I have only 3 ideas how I could achieve that:
12 > * Making a custom ebuild, which would build the modules, but install
13 > itself as a different package depending on the kernel version (eg
14 > tp_smapi-2.6.39-gentoo)?
15 > * Making a custom ebuild, which would build the modules for all kernel
16 > versions in one go... (is this possible?)
17 > * patching the gentoo-sources each time.
18 >
19 > Is any of these solutions sensible?
20 >
21 > Cheers,
22 > Ignas
23
24 why not emerging them several times with linux pointing to the different
25 kernels?
26
27 I that does not work:
28 ebuild .... unpack
29 ebuild .... compile
30 ebuild .... install
31 cp .ko from image directory to modules directory
32 depmod -ae
36 #163933