From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: update - was 1.) Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:41:26
1 [snip]
2
3 > > No, I still have the same Sata Drive is just I'm playing with IRQ
4 > > assignment and configuration.
5 > > I've changed to BIOS PnP to YES, so my skge (network controller) and
6 > > libata (Sata Controller are shifted to IRQ 10
7 > >
8 > > But it makes me wonder both controllers on the Motherboard are different
9 > > chips, so why do they share IRQ? Is there a way to shift them to a
10 > > different IRQ since Linux control IRQ assignment now?
13 > A quick look through linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt shows that many drivers support direct irq assignment. Also, linux/Documentation/pnp.txt may be of use.
14 >
15 > Considering the positive results that you've gotten so far, it seems like you may be on the right track here. It makes me less concerned about any possible overheating, but if you wanted to be paranoid about it, you could get another heat probe to double check the readings from the first one ;-).
16 >
17 > Zac
18
19 Here is what I have done:
20 1.) Disable Network controller on the motherboard and install another
21 one on PCI bus - this eliminate possible IRQ conflict.
22 But it didn't help.
23
24 2.) Removed the heatsink clean it with 99% isopropyl alcohol and applied
25 thin layer of new heatsink grease.
26
27 Nothing helped, still getting that message:
28 Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interupt handler.
29
30 Next option, is to try to remove SATA drive and try to install Gentoo on
31 standard IDE drive; this would eliminate SCSI problem and/or buggy
32 driver.
33
34 Does anybody has any other solutions?
37 #Joseph
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list