From: cypherstrong <cypherstrong@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Ghosting a Ext3 partition
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:24:43
1 Another way to do (I do it actually)
2
3 Is to get a drive with ext3 partition for example
4 Create a directory for your backup
5
6 and use Rsync to copy any file with differential feature.
7
8 First time could take a long time, next time are very fast.
9
10 To backup everythink on the system, I run the single use mode,
11 It kill all the application runned ... so after, I mount bind root fs and over
12 sub fs in tmp dir, mount my backup dir in another tmp dir
13 and run mirror with rsync
14
15 Fast, excellent, could easyly be migrate on another kind of server, or could
16 restore only some filesystem.
17
18 It's good !
19