From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: Re: "emerge -DuvatN world" doesn't show all upgradeable packages
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:58:00
1 Michael Schmarck wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 >> On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:20:21 +0200, Michael Schmarck wrote:
8 >>> Which majorly sucks, as there are good reasons why the packages
9 >>> should NOT be the way they are right now.
10 >>>
11 >> Such as?
14 > Finer control, without cluttering the world file.
17 >> Hint: uncluttering the world file is not a reason for changing the
18 >> ebuilds,
21 > Why not?
22 >
23 > Michael
28 Why all the worry about the world file? You shouldn't need to go and
29 read the world file anyway. I have a time or two but just because I was
30 curious.
31
32 Dale
33