From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo, new computer, still a bit confused
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 15:07:01
1 On Fri, Jul 22 2011, CJoeB wrote:
2
3 > Because this will be a new computer and I may essentially void the
4 > warranty if I alter the pre-configuration, I seriously thought about
5 > leaving the status quo and putting up with Windows 7.
6
7 You have already received much good advice. I would add that dell
8 support is often happier if you are running windows. So I always set up
9 a dual boot configuration with only a small windows partition. I
10 *always* get media from dell to reinstall windows if needed.
11
12 In the old days the dell media took the entire disk for windows, but
13 this is much better now and partitions (and hence dual booting) are
14 supported.
15
16 Good luck.
17 allan