From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mediawiki upgrade 1.4-1.7
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:36:44
1 Trenton Adams wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I'm wondering if anyone has upgraded their media wiki from 1.4 to 1.7
5 > before. If I could get it to 1.5, I think the rest of the migration
6 > could be done by going from 1.5 to 1.6 to 1.7, as they have upgrade
7 > scripts for those. However, I tried the 1.5 upgrade script at one
8 > point, and it failed miserably, though I can't remember on what.
9 >
10 > I'd appreciate any help.
11 >
12 > Thanks.
13
14 IIRC the upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 involved messing around with the db
15 specifically moving to utf8 and there were no scripts in the package.
16 However going to mediawiki's site turned up some how-to's. I would
17 recommend dumping your db to safe a place before running any scripts
18 against it.
19
20 kashani
21 --