From: mats.lidell@×××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] setgid fails with apache 2.4 but not with apache 2.2
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 09:10:57
1 Hi,
2
3 After upgrading to apache 2.4 I'm stuck with getting suexec to work for
4 userdir. In the suexec_log I'm getting the error message:
5
6 [<DATE TIME>]: uid: (1000/<user>) gid: (100/<group>) cmd: <cgi-script-name>
7 [<DATE TIME>]: failed to setgid (100: <cgi-script-name>)
8
9 So it is coming so far as to trying to change the user id and group id but
10 fails, at least, on setting the group id.
11
12 The odd thing is that if I downgrade to apache 2.2 suexec works and my userdir
13 web pages then works fine.
14
15 I don't expect that I have found a bug in apache 2.4 so left is something wrong
16 in my configuration. But what mistake in the configuration of apache 2.4
17 could make setgid to fail? I'm stuck. Suggestions highly appreciated!
18
19 Yours
20 --
21 %% Mats