From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Kmail spell checker having problems with German Umlaut
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:10:52
1 On Monday 19 May 2008, Peter Ruskin wrote:
2 > On Sunday 18 May 2008, Dan Johansson wrote:
3 > > I'm having a small problem with spell checking in kmail (v.
4 > > 1.9.7, KDE 3.5.8). e.g. if a have the word beigefügte in a text,
5 > > the spellchecker will treat it as two words, beigef and gte,
6 > > which of course is not in the dictionary. Any suggestions how to
7 > > solve this?
8 >
9 > I have KMail-1.9.7 and it's lousy with spellchecking too. The
10 > language settings in KMail's spellchecking dialog don't accurately
11 > reflect the installed spellcheckers and don't have any effect
12 > anyway. However, if you select "German" in Control Centre|KDE
13 > Components|Spell Checker, "beigefügte" will be treated correctly.
14
15 Nope, that did not help, still treated as two words.
18 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
20 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!

smime.p7s application/pkcs7-signature