From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does systemd work with mdadm?
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 03:35:10
1 On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > So far, it's better than openrc in that there's a bug shutting down an
4 > imsm raid that's still not been addressed. It causes the array to do a
5 > rebuild next time it starts up and from my testing systemd doesn't have
6 > this issue.
9 I can't speak to that particular bug but one of the nice things
10 systemd does if you're using dracut is that during shutdown systemd
11 will pivot back to the original initramfs and cleanly unmount root and
12 so on. This allows a complete shutdown of things like lvm/mdadm/etc
13 if done properly. When I first started using systemd I actually
14 noticed the improvements in shutdown more than startup (parallel
15 openrc is already pretty decent).
18 Rich