From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] root on raid 1 = no boot
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:50:07
1 On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:52:33 +0200, Xav' wrote:
2
3 > > it doesn't find /dev/md1 (unknown block device) and panics. And yes, I
4 > > created md0,1,2,3 with mknod in /dev
5 >
6 > Did you create the nodes with de /dev partition unmounted ? I think you
7 > have to check this... because when the kernel boot up, the /dev
8 > partition is unmounted :)
9
10 I don't have any such nodes in my static /dev (only console and null in
11 there) they are created by the kernel.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 - How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
18 - Two: one to hold the giraffe, the other to fill the bathtub with
19 lots of brightly colored machine tools.