From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DSPAM + How to train?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:33:25
1 Ow Mun Heng schreef:
2 > I've got a bunch of ham and spam in my mailbox (mbox format) and I
3 > just want to use it to train it. How do I go about doing that? I've
4 > tried dspam_sa_trainer but it keeps complaining of errors. (Can't
5 > write to the /var/amavis/.dspam/ directory, even though I run it as
6 > root!!)
7 >
8 Stupid question(s) (forgive me, but the "obvious" has to be eliminated):
9
10 1) does the directory /var/amavis/.dspam exist? With write permissions
11 for the owner and/or root? I've gotta say, a hidden directory in /var/ seems
12 *awful* weird (and pointless).
13
14 2) (because the idea of a dotdir in /var seems so weird...) Does dspam
15 have a config file where this target is set? Have you tried changing
16 this target to someplace you can write to (as root)?
17
18 Further, what are the ownership and permissions of dspam_sa_trainer (I
19 don't use dspam, but it sounds like one of those servers that makes up a
20 whole new user who's the only one who can use it, in which case...)?
21 Have you tried opeing up dspam_sa_trainer in nano or less? Is it
22 readable by doing so? If so, does looking at what it does help in any way?
23
24 HTH,
25 Holly
26 --