From: ny6p01@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The mess that's called KDEPIM 4.7 ...
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 20:23:00
1 On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 12:16:57PM +0100, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 12:43:39AM +0000, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 > > For now I have masked KDEPIM 4.7 on all of my remaining boxen. This is too
5 > > messy to have to fix more than once, if I can fix it at all that is!
6 > >
7 > > The only thing that's keeping me from mutt is the zillion shortcut commands
8 > > that I need to learn ... old dog/new tricks and all that.
9 >
10 > Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Many are fairly intuitive; <d>elete,
11 > <t>ag, <v>iew attachments and so on. And if you’ve used vi before, navigation
12 > isn’t that big a problem either. The biggest problem is the entry barrier; you
13 > need to create an rc file, set up other programs for sending and receiving and
14 > some own shortcuts, e.g. for using a spam filter. But I reckon it’s worth it.
15 > --
16 > Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
17 > I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.
18 >
19 > “I'm always right.
20 > This time I'm just even more right than usual.” – Linus Torvalds
23 I use mutt as an imap client to gmail. Gmail takes care of the filtering and
24 spam. Setup takes minutes.
25
26 Terry