From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5.5 and nvidia-drivers
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 00:42:39
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 11/22/06, Steve Brenneis <sbrenneis@×××××.net> wrote:
3 >> Apparently KDE 3.5.5 and the openGL portion of the nvidia-drivers
4 >> package don't get along too well.
5 >
6 > I'm using KDE 3.5.5 and nvidia drivers with openGL support just fine,
7 > without any crashing etc, on both my laptop and desktop.
8 >
9 > You might have to switch to xorg-x11 when building some things
10 > (although most of that should happen automatically now), but you
11 > should definitely be able to switch back to nvidia after the build
12 > completes.
13 >
14 > Can you tell us more about your systems? emerge --info would be a
15 > good start, but also what version of nvidia-drivers and xorg-x11 are
16 > you using? Does revdep-rebuild -p report anything needing to be
17 > rebuilt?
18 >
19 > -Richard
20
21 I had trouble with this when I upgraded too. The trouble I had was
22 getting it to switch opengl to nvidia and staying switched. I think I
23 had to re-emerge all the KDE packages to get it to work right.
24 Actually, I did a emerge -ev world to do this. It was during all the
25 KDE compile that it started working right.
26
27 Maybe that will narrow it down a bit if you can just recompile KDE,
28 maybe even the xorg stuff.
29
30 Dale
31