From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Email from Mac to PC/Win
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 00:08:41
1 Hi,
2
3 Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2007 schrieb Adrian:
4 > Greetings all --
5 > When she sends emails from her Mac:
6 > Sometimes attachments don't arrive.
7
8 is this the case? Or are the attachments not visible in the client? I'm quite
9 shure there's a button to look at the mail source even in a client like
10 outlook. This way you can see, if the attachment is there, but not shown.
11 Another possibility is, that the mailserver disallows some types of attachment
12 and removes them if considered bad. Maybe your experts configured it this
13 way :)
14
15 > Sometimes the emails never arrive (or so people claim, never happens to
16 > me)
17
18 If so, it's not because she is using a mac.
19
20 > Sometimes her emails end up in the junk mail folder (again, never
21 > happens to me)
22
23 That's a question of how the filter is configured. Maybe somebody has her in
24 his blacklist :)
25
26 > Our "IT" people are telling here this is because Mac email is not
27 > "compatible" with PCs. My intuition & years of computer use is
28 > telling me this is bullshit.
29
30 Regarding MIME, some clients are somewhat special. So it is not necessarily
31 bullshit when attachments are not shown. It certainly is bullshit regarding
32 lost email or junkmail filtering.
33
34 > Thank you -- Adrian
35