From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openrc start-stop-daemon problem
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 19:03:13
1 On Tuesday 09 Jun 2015 15:46:39 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi. I am having a problem with openrc 16.4 where start-stop daemon
3 > complains like this fopen /var/run/<some service> (happens to almost all
4 > of them) no such file or directory, but -- using the interactive
5 > feature -- I see that the pid file is actually is there. /var/run is a
6 > simlink to /run which is a tmpfs file system. It looks like permissions
7 > are correct as well, so I have no idea why this is happening. When the
8 > system shuts down, start-stop-daemon still complains and has some other
9 > way to find the process, but its still annoying.
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
12
13 Not sure why this is happening, but I have noticed the same with some
14 applications (ipsec-tools springs to mind). I think it started when /var/run,
15 /var/lock and /dev/shm (? not sure) were moved over to /run/*.
16
17 I assumed that this is because some package maintainers may have not caught up
18 with the fs change yet.
21 Regards,
22 Mick