From: Thomas Bracht Laumann Jespersen <laumann.thomas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox 57.0.4 without pulseaudio? Possible?
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 09:51:26
1 I was doing the exact same thing this weekend! The answer is yes (I think).
2
3 I'm not on my Gentoo box at the moment, so I'm not 100% sure that I
4 don't have apulse - I don't recall installing it, but I definitely
5 don't have pulseaudio. The sound was working (with speakertest), but I
6 had no sound in Firefox. I found a forum post [1] that said to find
7 these two settings in about:config:
8
9 browser.tabs.remote.autostart
10 browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2
11
12 and set them both to false. For me, the latter was already false, but
13 the first was set to true.
14
15 And then the sound worked! Hope it works for you,
16 -- Thomas
17
18 [1] https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8118290.html (the third post)