From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge wine
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 07:06:00
1 On Friday 14 March 2008, Robert Stockdale IV wrote:
2 >   I noticed he was putting a USE and FEATURES variable on the command
3 > line instead of make.conf and
4 >
5 > friends.
6 >
7 > This is what a link from a previous post told me to do. The link was
8 > in the first reply and is:
9 >
10 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-2111407.html
11
12 Haven't read the link (still way too early in the morning) but I often
13 still find howtos that say to put USE on the command line. This old
14 syntax is very much deprecated, mostly because you will forget that you
15 did it, the current supported method is to put the same
16 flag/feature/whatever in make.conf or per-package in package.use, where
17 portage will remember it for you
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list