From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] i965 (Valley View) video acceleration
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 22:24:56
1 Am Montag, 27.10.2014 um 23:00
2 schrieb Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>:
3
4 [...]
5 > > [...] Are
6 > > all the smart people switching from mplayer to mplayer2? [...]
7 >
8 > FWIW, I switched to mpv after using mplayer2 for a while. See
9 > https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/man/changes.rst
10 > for a comparison between mpv and mplayer (and mplayer2). For
11 > example, on-screen text (like subtitles, or the position when
12 > pressing "P") is rendered using libass, which looks *so* much better
13 > than mplayer or mplayer2, or the addition of an on-screen display
14 > (using the new support for Lua scripting), and lots more. Oh, and
15 > both mplayer2 and mpv won't unpause when you change the window size.
16 >
17 > Perhaps you will, like me, see no reason for using mplayer after
18 > having gone through that document and/or trying out mpv ;) .
19 [...]
20
21 After I read your mail, I tried mpv. It really works perfect. Video
22 playback of HD-videos is smoother on my machine and also some other
23 functions (e.g. toggling deinterlacing, switching audio language) are
24 working much better than with mplayer/mplayer2.
25
26 I was a mplayer/mplayer2 user for many many years but now I'm
27 converted. ;-)
28
29 Regards
30 wabe