From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: VIDEO_CARDS= Intel Mobile Integrated Graphics Controller ?
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 20:25:48
1 W.Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
4 > For my Sony:
5 > Section "Device"
6 > Identifier "i915"
7 > Driver "i810"
8 > VideoRam 32768
9 > Option "DPMS" "On"
10 > Option "DDC" "Off"
11 > Option "IgnoreEDID" "true"
12 > Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT,LFP"
13 > Option "Clone" "true"
14 > Option "CloneRefresh" "60"
15 > #Option "NoAccel"
16 > BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
17 > #Option "ForceBIOS" "1366x768=1280x1024"
18 > Screen 0
19 > EndSection
22 Hello,
23
24 This did not work for the 965GM chipset this
25 sony viao (VGN-FZ140E) has.
26
27 I went to the vesa driver and have it working at
28 800x600.......
29
30 I'll keep after it until I figure it out. For now
31 I have a baseline xwindows running...
32 Looking around the net folks are talking about the
33 latest driver release from Intel, for X does cover this
34 chipset, so it's a waiting game for it to make it to
35 gentoo.
36
37 Also I guess after reading quite a lot, SONY is pretty much
38 not very friendly to the greater Linux community......
39
40 thanks,
41
42 James