From: Benjamin Leggett <algosystem@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Non-interactive bash help?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:22:31
1 On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:01:24 -0500
2 Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 12:58 -0400, Benjamin Leggett wrote:
5 > > Alright guys, I'm a beginner in need of a little shell help.
6 > >
7 > > What I want to do is make fbrun (the run dialog for fluxbox) aware
8 > > of my bashrc. Upon perusing the source, I found that fbrun execs the
9 > > given
10 > > string with $SHELL if set, otherwise /bin/sh is used. My $SHELL is
11 > > set to bash so fbrun runs the command with a non-interactive bash
12 > > shell (the "-c" option.)
13 > >
14 > > Checking the bash manpage, I found that bash apparently checks the
15 > > environment variable $BASH_ENV for an rc file if it's run with the
16 > > -c option. I sure that I should probably know this, but where
17 > > should I set
18 > > this variable? I considered dropping something in /etc/env.d, but
19 > > that didn't work, and I don't know if that's the right way to do it.
20 > >
21 > > Any help appreciated,
22 >
23 > I guess my question would be why do you (think you) want to run
24 > your .bashrc? That's really designed for setting up interactive
25 > stuff.
28 Well, I'd like to have fbrun use my aliases.
29 e.g., running foo instead of foo --bar --baz=noo