From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mouse Pad & X11
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 16:48:26
1 Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com> [13-04-06 17:24]:
2 > On Sat, 2013-04-06 at 08:32 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > How can I activate/use the additional functionality as reported by the
4 > > log file?
5 >
6 > I'm not familiar with that device, but I do have a suggestion: does it
7 > respond to multitouch gestures? For example, with my trackpad on my
8 > T530, I can scroll by swiping up and down with two fingers. Does that
9 > work?
10 >
11 > --
12 > R
16 Hi Randy,
17
18 thank you for your reply! :)
19
20 I tried that ... but with no luck.
21
22 The device is advertised with:
23
24 Product Feature:
25 - Cirque Glidepoint Technology
26 - High reliable micro-switches
27 - 2 buttons mouse clicker attached
28 - you could also use your finger tip to tap the touchpad. for ex: 2 taps = double click, 2 fingers tap = scroll, 3 fingers tap = Right Click
29 - USB interface connector
30 - One touch scrolling
31
32 I tried that...beside the most simple action nothing works. Since
33 there was no driver delivered with the device and no user guide,
34 I think "plug and pray" should do the magic...._should_
35
36 "One touch scrolling" and "2 fingers tap = scroll" is a
37 contradiction, isn't it?
38
39 Is there anything I have to configure (xorg.conf?) additionally?
40
41 Thank you very much for any help in advance!
42 Best regards,
43 mcc