From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] monitor acting strangely when gdm starts
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 10:36:49
1 Hi. I have a Nvidia GeFORCE 8400 gs and when I am using the text
2 console and frame buffer (uvesafb) things are OK, but when I start gdm,
3 the monitor acts as though it was disconnected altogether. It works
4 under Windows through a KVM, so I am pretty sure the monitor is OK, but
5 I don't understand what happens when gdm starts. I have
6 Nvidia-drivers-260.19.36 but even some earlier versions I try give the
7 same result. Is my card going or what?
8
9 Any ideas would be appreciated.
12 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
13 How do
14 you spend it?
15
16 John Covici