From: Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user]Specific umask for a specific ext3 filesystem
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:44:43
1 Hello,
2
3 I have couple of ext3 partitions for my data. I need to mount them in
4 such a way that all the files created on those partitions would always
5 bear a umask which is different from the umask globally set in
6 /etc/profile. How do I achieve this?
7
8 I tried mounting the partition with umask=whatever option, but
9 apparently, according to man mount, umask option isn't available for ext3.
10
11 Temporarily, I've put a little code into /etc/conf.d/local.start that
12 checks if the the partitions are mounted and if they are, chmod's them.
13 This, I don't think will be a good idea, once data starts filling up the
14 partition....
15
16 Help would be really appreciated.
17