From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speaking to Android
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 21:59:07
1 On 04/10/15 02:04, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > my setup is a recent Gentoo system, which is connected to the
5 > internet. This acts as an Wifi hotspot for my android tablet.
8 > What is a secure, easy to setup and convenient method
9 > to acchieve this?
10 > (I only need some keywords ... no howtos needed. Will
11 > try to setup the rest mysefl...;)
12 >
13 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
14 >
15 > Best regards,
16 > Meino
23 I use an openvpn tunnel to bypass the firewall ... feed whatever you
24 like down the tunnel - I currently use a dav server and total commander
25 with its dav plugin.
26
27 Android and IOS are both security risks (from the point of you have no
28 control over what they send back to big brother and his numerous
29 friends) so isolate them from the rest of your network if necessary.
30
31 BillK