From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multi-services box
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:32:53
1 On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Mark wrote:
2
3 > Hi, I'm thinking of setting up a Gentoo server to host a few different
4 > services, primarily a small web site on Apache, an Exim mail server, a
5 > Halafax fax server and a Squid proxy server. I intend to put the machine in
6 > a DMZ to protect the internal network. At first glance, should these 4
7 > packages play well together on the same piece of hardware?
8
9 Why not?
10
11 I have one machine doing web, email, IMAP/POP3, DNS, FTP and MySQL.
12
13 My one caveat would be to make sure its not more load than the hardware
14 can handle.
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list