From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gnome intrusion?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 19:04:23
1 On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On 2016-11-14 09:32, Jorge Almeida wrote:
3 >
4 >> Why oh why should there be a process "at-spi2-registryd --use-gnome-session"?
5 >>
6 >> gnome-session?! I don't even have gnome installed.
7 >
8 > You already know the answer: opera. You probably use opera-bin, or you
9 > just downloaded a binary opera blob. Such blobs typically bundle all
10
11 I'm using www-client/opera-beta. I don't know about opera-bin. I try
12 to stick with portage whenever I can.
13
14 > their libraries, so I wouldn't be shocked to find something like
15 > gnome-session running even if you haven't installed it with portage.
16 >
17 > This (among other reasons) is why I was so happy to find Pale Moon.
20 I'm trying Opera because Firefox in my slow atom is a pig (cpu-wise,
21 not memory-wise). Opera looks reasonable, so far. Maybe I'll try Pale
22 Moon...
23
24 Jorge