From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: CLOSED Re: [gentoo-user] panic:: octave: magick/semaphore.c:525: [...] failed
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 17:55:57
1 On 07/29/2010 06:19 AM, pk wrote:
2 > On 2010-07-29 06:49, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
3 >
4 >> Thanks for the feedback. I posted the same question on the octave users
5 >> list but no answers.
6 >
7 > Maybe vacation time so most users are offline? I'm on vacation but still
8 > online... :-)
9 >
10 > If you know C you could check out the semaphore.c file to see what it
11 > looks like and how whatever function is used should be called... maybe
12 > it can give you some clue?
13 >
14 > Best regards
15 >
16 > Peter K
19 For the record, the work around this problem was posted on the octave
20 users list.
21
22 >>>It appears to me to be either initialization problem or race
23 >>>condition. The workaround that
24 >>>works for me is to read some file first fith imread, after that
25 >>>imwrite works fine. I.e.:
26 >>>
27 >>>junk1 = imread("some_file.png")
28 >>>im=ones(2);