From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: SOLVED: Re: Re: Gentoo decapitated
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 00:48:27
1 On 05/16/2010 04:39 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 11:25 AM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com wrote:
5
6 > I just did the experiment of building xorg-server with the hal useflag *off*, and
7 > found that neither keyboard nor mouse worked until I restored the two InputDevice
8 > sections that I commented out when I switched to evdev+hal:
9 >
10 > Section "ServerLayout"
11 > Identifier "X.org Configured"
12 > Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
13 > Option "AIGLX" "false"
14 > InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer" <------ restored these two lines
15 > InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard" <-------
16 > EndSection
17 >
18 > Section "InputDevice"
19 > Identifier "Keyboard0"
20 > Driver "evdev"
21 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/event3"
22 > EndSection
23 >
24 > Section "InputDevice"
25 > Identifier "Mouse0"
26 > Driver "evdev"
27 > Option "Protocol" "auto"
28 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/event4"
29 > Option "Emulate3Buttons" "True"
30 > EndSection
31
32 > GENIUS. It worked! That which has been dead for 2 weeks is risen!
33
34 Bless you, my son ;) (I always thought the deadline is the third day.)
35
36 I could give you that information only after hours of frustrating research
37 and trial-and-error hacking, most of which I've already forgotten, so it's
38 a good thing that I commented those lines out instead of deleting them.
39
40 Happily for all of us, the xorg devs are well aware of the frustrating user
41 experience with all of this configuration nonsense, and are making very good
42 progress towards automating it.