From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with saslauthd
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 16:23:01
1 On 5/4/22 7:31 AM, John Covici wrote:
2 > Hi. I have been using various clients to connect to my sendmail
3 > server using port 587 and using starttls to encrypt the connections
4 > and then using the plain mechanism to send the user name and password
5 > to authenticate.
6 >
7 > Last day or so this has stopped working -- I don't know that I changed
8 > anything (famous last words),
9
10 Assume that your configuration is at least acceptable until you have a
11 reason to think otherwise.
12
13 > So, after all that, anyone have an idea as to how to fix?
14
15 Start with the simpler thing first.
16
17 Is the SASL authentication daemon running?
18
19 Did your (START)TLS certificate expire? Contemporary clients may
20 silently refuse to use expired certs.
21
22 > Thanks.
23
24 You're welcome.
25
26 Feel free to poke things and respond with more questions / details /
27 errors / etc.
32 Grant. . . .
33 unix || die