From: Steven J Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: The LIGHTEST web server (just for serving files)?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 18:36:07
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > Isn't there a kernelland HTTP server? ISTR seeing the option. I don't
4 > know anything about it, though.
5 >
6 Yeah there was; as I recall it got removed a while back.
7
8 Google got me:
9 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TUX_web_server
10 and khttpd at: http://www.fenrus.demon.nl/
11
12 ..both of which appear dead. I couldn't find any mention of http in my
13 kernel config either.
14
15 We use lighttpd for our dev stuff; I guess it's that, nginx or thttpd,
16 last of which doesn't do fastCGI, so might be the best for this
17 purpose.
18
19 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_server_software
20 ..might prove helpful.
21 --
22 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)