From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where does /etc/env.d/99local come from?
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 13:13:34
1 On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 20:29:43 +1000, Robert S wrote:
2
3 > Is this file automatically created or is it user-defined? I don't
4 > remember ever creating it or editing it. Should I put my own
5 > environment variables in here or should I use /etc/profile?
6
7 Put them in here, then env-update will add them to /etc/profile. If you
8 put them in ./etc/profile directly, they could be overridden in a
9 baselayout update.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Those who can, do. Those who cannot, teach. Those who cannot teach, HACK!