From: "Petteri Räty" <petteri.raty@××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] module-rebuild script
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:46:41
1 John Green wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > The Gentoo newsletter mentioned the new module-rebuild script,
5 > so I emerged it and ran it with the following results.
6 >
7 > # module-rebuild list
8 > ** Packages which I will emerge are:
9 > =media-libs/svgalib-1..21-r1
10 > =net-wireless/ieee80211-1.0.3-r2
11 > =net-wireless/ipw2100-1.1.2-r3
12 >
13 > So I ran
14 >
15 > # module-rebuild rebuild
16 >
17 > and it seemed to rebuild the three packages in question.
18 >
19 > As a check, I then ran module-rebuild list again, and it
20 > listed the same three modules as before.
21
22 This is the way it is supposed to work at the moment. module-rebuild
23 list is meant to give you a list of modules that module-rebuild rebuild
24 will rebuild. It does not check if the modules are already built for the
25 kernel. Of course checking for this would be a great new feature for
26 which you can submit a request to bugs.gentoo.org
30 > Am I missing something obvious? Fortunately, everything is
31 > still working.
32
33 Hopefully this clarified things.
34