From: Nick Khamis <symack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] IPTables - Going Stateless
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 16:09:30
1 >> Looks like the packet never gets to the tcp chain. what is --syn?
2
3 It seems that way!!!! I am not sure what --syn is actually. But even
4 if I comment it out it does not work. Also, for testing I changed the
5 SSH rule to allow bidirectional traffic until this is fixed:
6
7 -A TCP -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
8
9 As mentioned before everything works as expected until when I try to
10 close up the ports not included in the TCP and UDP chains:
11
12 #echo -e " - Dropping input TCP and UDP traffic to closed ports"
13 -A INPUT -i $INTIF1 -p tcp -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-rst
14 -A INPUT -i $INTIF1 -p udp -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
15
16 #echo -e " - Dropping output TCP and UDP traffic to closed ports"
17 -A OUTPUT -o $INTIF1 -p tcp -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-rst
18 -A OUTPUT -o $INTIF1 -p udp -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
19
20 #echo -e " - Dropping input traffic to remaining protocols sent
21 to closed ports"
22 -A INPUT -i $INTIF1 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-proto-unreachable
23
24 #echo -e " - Dropping output traffic to remaining protocols sent
25 to closed ports"
26 -A OUTPUT -o $INTIF1 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-proto-unreachable
29 Thanks in Advance,
30
31 Nick.