From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] £ sign in OpenOffice
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 21:34:20
1 On Friday 06 August 2010 21:13:06 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I am puzzled by this problem. One box of mine seems to be unable to show
4 > > the GBP sign in OpenOffice. In any OOo application it shows a capital A
5 > > with umlauts and then shows the £ sign.
6 > >
7 > > In the OOo Language Settings I have selected as Default Currency "GBP £
8 > > English (UK)" just as I have on two other boxen, which work fine.
9 > >
10 > > The locales are the same LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8" on all of them.
11 > >
12 > > Any ideas?
13
14 > No real idea but possibly:
15 >
16 > Different font sets installed?
17 >
18 > Incorrect/different font paths in xorg.config?
19
20 Thanks Mark,
21
22 The fonts are the same (or at least 95% or more the same). None of the
23 machines in question are using an xorg.conf.
26 Regards,
27 Mick