From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing pulseaudio
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 22:38:02
1 On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 04:50:43PM +0800, Mark David Dumlao wrote
2 > On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:55 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > And you are vastly overstating the desirability of having pulseaudio
4 > > enforced on users without very good cause
5 > How much barefaced lying can you do in one sentence?
6 > 1) it's not enforced _on you_. USE=-pulse
7
8 Tell that to GNOME users as of v3.8. My sig takes on more meaning,
9
10 > 2) bluetooth headset goes in, audio goes out is good cause.
11
12 For users of bluetooth headsets, maybe. But, not for desktop users who
13 suddenly start experiencing audio problems.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications