From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Continue ftp upload without clobbering
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:13:47
1 On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:25:08PM +0100, Penguin Lover Mick squawked:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Is there a way to continue uploading a large file after the ftp link fails,
5 > only from the point where it failed onwards? I noticed tnftp (which I use)
6 > has the append command, but this appends the complete file from the start
7 > after the partial uploaded file, rather than continuing where it had stopped.
8 >
9 > I am really looking for some clever way to perform the ftp equivalent of
10 > wget -c sort of thing and if it can do that unattended then that would be
11 > even better!
12
13 lftp has 'put -c'/'reput', but it may just restart from the beginning,
14 depending on whether the server likes it. (I've never have to try
15 it...)
16
17 If you have ssh access, try sftp, I think the standard draft for sftp
18 does define a write offset which can be used for resuming uploads.
19
20 W
23 "And this goes as...What did I get wrong? I should end up with 3/2 and I have
24 1/2, so I've just revolutionized physics unless someone sees the problem."
25 ~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
26 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 678 days, 21:30