From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnupg fails to decrypt on kmail
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:22:16
1 On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 02:50:09PM +0000, Mick wrote:
2 > Yesterday I updated my system and after a series of:
3 >
4 > revdep-rebuild --library libjpeg.so.7
5 >
6 > and
7 >
8 > revdep-rebuild -v -i
9 >
10 > I thought all was good to go. Unfortunately, I now noticed that I cannot open
11 > encrypted messages anymore and signing mail fails. This points towards gnupg
12 > which I remerged along with all packages I thought might me relevant. I
13 > haven't yet remerged openssl (will try that in a minute) but I am not sure
14 > that will help. It's not just smime but also openpgp that fails.
15 >
16 > Has anyone else noticed this and have you found any fixes for it?
17
18 Just a random guess: maybe revdep-rebuild updated to a new version and
19 configuration files changed? Did you look at the elogs of whatever you
20 re-emerged yesterday?
21
22 Cheers,
23
24 W
25 --
26 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
27 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
28 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton