From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how to upgrade postgresql under gentoo
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:04:31
1 Hi. I have a puzzle regarding upgrading postgresql. In my recent world
2 update I went from 9.4_beta2 to beta3, but when I tried to start the
3 server, it complained that the databases were written with a different
4 "catalog version" -- whatever that is, and the pg_upgrade tool requires
5 both old and new binaries to actually upgrade the database. So as a
6 temporary measure, I went back to beta2 and things worked again. So
7 what the heck are you supposed to do here, I like pg, but this is very
8 strange to me.
9
10 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
13 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
14 How do
15 you spend it?
16
17 John Covici