From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Weather thingy using up my network, ALL THE TIME.
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 07:57:20
1 Howdy,
2
3 I have this little weather "applet" thingy down at the bottom of my
4 desktop in the thing I think they call the panel. Anyway, the weather
5 thing has been sending something for HOURS now. I have logged out of
6 KDE, reset the network and even the router just to see if it would die.
7 As soon as I login or the router comes back up, it start sending data
8 again. I can't get it to stop. As a last resort, I took the thing off
9 my panel thingy. It still sends data like crazy.
10
11 Does anyone know how to kill this thing? I'd like to surf the net
12 without this thing hogging up my DSL connection.
13
14 While I am at it. I'm supposed to get my weather stuff from NOAA or at
15 least that is where it came from ages ago. Ever since I went from KDE3
16 to KDE4, it wants to come from wetter.com which doesn't work to begin
17 with. This is what I think it is doing to my network. It is trying to
18 get data that doesn't exist to begin with so it just keeps trying.
19 Anybody know how to beat this thing silly? By the way, using iftop,
20 that is where all this traffic is going to.
21
22 Dale
23
27 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!