From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hduitil for linux
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:48:11
1 "Andrey Vul" <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > > Why do you believe that you need HFS+ at all?
4 > Because I have paths which exceed the HFS limit and lead to
5 > truncation, in addition to symlinks. Both work incorrectly.
6 > E.g.,
7 > HFS+ directory name: Garritan Instruments for Finale 2009
8 > HFS directory name: Garritan Instruments for Finale
9
10 No problem for UDF!
11
12 > I want my remastered (backup) to look exactly like the original:
13 > Joliet(or ISO9660:1999) for Windows and HFS+ for OS X.
14 > >
15 > > mkisofs supports Apple MAC UDF extensions since Spring 2007.
16 > UDF != HFS+
17
18 Correct, but I still see no reason why HFS+ is required.
21 Jörg
24 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
25 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)
26 schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/