From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] accelerate emerge
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 00:00:50
1 On Tuesday 28 February 2006 17:25, "Mike Owen" <kyphros@×××××.com> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] accelerate emerge':
3 > On 2/28/06, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
4 > > On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 17:27 -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
5 > > > I have a different interpretation.
6 > >
7 > > I assume you know about FEATURES="parallel-fetch"?
8 >
9 > It's probably not the best idea to recommend ~arch versions of portage.
10
11 I will recommend going ~arch for portage, I've done so for over a year.
12
13 That said, there's no need to go ~arch just for this feature. See my other
14 post.
17 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
18 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
19 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
20 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list