From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: oder of files opened by a process
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 22:07:48
1 > Hey, that's cool man...I'm certainly not telling you not to post here,
2 > I just think it would have been a good idea to post details of your
3 > esoteric setup in the original post. As you've found, the cygwin and
4
5 You are right in that to enough degree. In this case it would have
6 been of advantage.
7
8 > gnu/linux environment(s) are not exactly compatible, and a solution in
9 > one may not work in the other. I'm not even saying it's the way it
10 > should be, but rather that it's the de facto way it is: A very large
11 > majority of people on this list run whitebread 'Gentoo Linux' and as
12 > such, without further clarification in your post, that's what they
13
14 From my experience it is also a reason to strip down my questions to
15 something as simple as possible. Then I get useful answers. The strace
16 program, Dale suggests, is a good answer for me. I am not only using
17 Vista after all. I still can boot Gentoo/Linux to find the answer by
18 that program.
19
20 If I explain the esoteric context, to ask a simple newby question
21 thereafter, people often give crazy comments and you go without an
22 answer. Everything out of their horizon is evil for some stubborns.
23 That is also a real live experience. It is tiresome, if that happens
24 to often.
25
26 I guess you knows this, you ask: How to do this and that ... people
27 start a political discussion ... why do you want to do this and that?
28 Time is lost, no answer yet. That is often simply counter productive.
29
30 Hence, I became a little conservative with explaining esotric
31 contexts. But, in this case it was the other way round. I got the
32 comments, because I didn't explain the context. There isn't a perfect
33 world. :-)
34
35 > think you are running as well....so I don't know, you may have better
36 > results on the specialized gentoo-alt list, but if you want to post
37 > here go ahead...just give us some details :)
38
39 Have a nice WE
40
41 Al