From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] another "headless device"-question: In search of the LAN
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:12:47
1 Hi,
2
3 For a device (beaglebone black) I am looking for a solution
4 of the following problem:
5
6 This little computer boots a fully blown Gentoo linux. It is
7 used mostly as headless device (capturing data from attached
8 sensors).
9
10 From time to time I want access it via LAN.
11
12 If the device was booted without LAN attached, the configured
13 ethernet was not found and dhcpd fails.
14 So Gentoo goes into "no LAN"-mode (or something like that).
18 Is there a less "waiting for the timeout"-prone way to refresh
19 the status of the LAN beside putting the accoring init-script
20 into a cron job ???
23 Is there a way to check, whether a RJ45 was plugged into the
24 device and if so to start init-script then?
25
26 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
27 Best regards,
28 mcc