From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Formating a USB stick
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 09:17:05
1 Stroller schrieb:
2 >
3 > On 8 Oct 2009, at 12:22, KH wrote:
4 >> ...
5 >> as a matter of fact, you *can't*. I once formated a USB stick as swap
6 >> (is it 82 or 83?) and used it in Linux as swap. (very little ram on
7 >> the old vaio I used.)
8 >> There was a second partition as raiser(?) and also 82 or 83.
9 >> Anyway later I wanted to use it again and windows was unable to format
10 >> it. I think it didn't even show up.
11 >
12 > Did you look in Disk Management?
13 >
14 > Formatted disks show in My Computer, but disks with an "alien"
15 > filesystem show only in Disk Management on XP, which is a far less
16 > obvious place to find.
17 >
18 > Stroller.
21 Hi,
22
23 Maybe I didn't. I don't do Windows anymore so when I have to use it
24 somewhere I am often even more lost than with gentoo :-)
25
26 kh