From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AHCI/IDE-question
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 20:07:08
1 On 1/21/2011 11:27 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Friday 21 January 2011 11:12:34 kashani wrote:
3 >> On 1/21/2011 10:53 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 >>> so, why are you doing soemthing incredible stupid in the first place?
5 >>
6 >> How about you go have some coffee, maybe have a banana to even out the
7 >> blood sugar, take a walk around the block, and try this email again
8 >> without being a complete ass?
9 >>
10 >> kashani
11 >
12 > I am sorry that over the years I lost my patience with none-existing problems.
15 Don't be sorry, just stop doing it. This mailing list isn't anyone's
16 job and if you're not enjoying the people and the questions anymore it
17 might be time for a break. As with all volunteer work sometimes you
18 *will* need to take a break. Hell I've gone months without responding to
19 a single thread and most of the time I only read 20% of the posts. Those
20 are usually the threads that interest me (ask more Postifx, Mysql,
21 Apache, etc, server questions!) and I don't really have time for much
22 more than that.
23
24 Also with angry one liners you yourself are missing a chance to learn
25 something. Maybe the answer to "what's the purpose of your setup? It
26 sounds fairly strange to me." would have been interesting. We might have
27 found out about x kernel bug or weird hardware y. Or it may have been a
28 half baked idea based on some lame blog that we'd all know was false. At
29 worse I've just tossed "use AHCI and trying to set IDE with modern
30 hardware might have issues" into the back of my brain.
31
32 kashani