From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] keyboard lighting control?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 21:04:15
1 On Monday 21 February 2011 19:40:33 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Is there either a kernel config option or additionally some
3 > application that allows me to turn on and off the lights underneath
4 > this groovy new laptop's keyboard?
5 >
6 > They flash on when booting, and work in Windows, but I don't know how
7 > to control them in Linux. I haven't found any function key that does
8 > it in hardware so I assume it's possibly an ACPI type thing or
9 > something else?
10
11 You didn't say which groovy new laptop's keyboard you are trying to make light
12 up, so I can only guess that SENSORS_APPLESMC may well do the trick for you,
13 but YMMV ...
14 --
15 Regards,
16 Mick