From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hibernation and various programs.
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 15:33:06
1 On 12/6/06, Xamindar <junkxamindar@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have hibernation set up on my laptop and am just wondering if there
3 > are any programs that are unsafe to have running when hibernating. One
4 > of the main ones im wondering about would be vmware. Can I hibernate
5 > while I have windows xp running in vmware and still have it exactly how
6 > I left it when I power back on? I will probably try it soon anyway but
7 > just wondering if anyone else out there has more experience.
8 >
9 > Also, I notice that my cpu governors and being able to change the clock
10 > speed of the cpu no longer function once I resume from suspend.
11 >
12 > One other thing is that any programs that use the sound device are
13 > killed when I hibernate (because hibernate is set to restart alsasound
14 > or else sound doesn't work any more)....any way to stop that from
15 > happening?
16
17 I have had problems with Firefox 2 crashing every time I resume, it
18 spouts some nonsense about gnome-vfs and dies. I have also on occasion
19 not been able to enter my password into xscreensaver after a reboot,
20 for that Ctrl+Alt+F1 and login then kill xscreensaver works without
21 harming anything else. HTH.
22
23 -Mike
27 Michael E. Crute
28 http://mike.crute.org
29
30 God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things.
31 Right now I am so far behind that I will never die. --Bill Watterson
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list