From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] GSettings-to-GConf problem
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 20:18:57
1 shotwell keeps crashing when I import photos with "Copy Photos" as
2 opposed to "Import in Place". I've been over this thoroughly with the
3 shotwell list and they've come to these conclusions:
4
5 "There may be something about the configuration mapper on your machine
6 that is just broken."
7
8 "the problem occurred deep inside of the GSettings-to-GConf mapper
9 (gconfsettingsbackend)"
10
11 "ask the Gentoo packagers why they're using a GSettings-to-GConf
12 mapper, because GSettings is designed as an evolution over GConf and
13 should have no relation to it whatsoever"
14
15 Can anyone shed any light on any of this? Should I file a Gentoo bug?
16
17 - Grant