From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] digikam + systemd
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 21:56:52
1 On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 12:33:47PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote
2 > I just did 'emerge -pv digikam' for 3.3.0
3 > & it wants to install 54 pkgs, incl systemd ;
4 > 10 pkgs are KDE & include Marble.
5 >
6 > Is my surprise justified ?
7
8 I run with...
9
10 USECPU="mmx mmxext sse sse2 sse3 ssse3"
11 USEOTHER=" X a52 aac bzip2 cxx dga dri exif ffmpeg flac fortran gallium
12 gif intel jpeg mng mp3 mpeg ncurses nptl nptlonly nsplugin offensive ogg
13 opengl openrc png posix readline ssl theora threads tiff tools truetype
14 vim-syntax vorbis xcomposite webm x264 xpm xv xvid zlib"
15 USE="-* ${USECPU} ${USEOTHER}"
16
17 ...and a bare amd64 no-multilib profile. I tried "emerge -pv digikam"
18 and had to build up USE one step at a time. It looks like digikam has
19 been borged into KDE. You apparently need to build 90% of KDE,
20 including marble, symantec-desktop, nepomuk, phonon, an sql database,
21 etc, etc, etc. For a dependancy tree, try...
22
23 emerge -pvt --unordered-display digikam > tree.txt
24
25 ...and see what you get. It's probably a dependancy of a dependancy of
26 a dependancy, or something like that.
29 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
30 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications