From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: upgrading (profiles, too)
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 14:54:45
1 On Sat, 01 Jun 2019 09:05:08 +0100
2 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Friday, 31 May 2019 14:59:59 BST Jack wrote:
5 >
6 > > It's perfectly OK for there to still be stuff under /lib /usr/lib
7 > > /usr/local/lib. These are supposed to be things which are arch
8 > > independent, such as config stuff and scripts. However, I'm pretty
9 > > sure none of them should still be a symlink. What's the link
10 > > pointing to? I'd be tempted to revert the unsymlink. Did you check
11 > > the output of "unsymlink-lib --analyze" first?
12 >
13 > After a pause for thought (quite a long one, with coffee), I went
14 > through the process again and all has turned out just fine.
15
16 I've very glad to read this, since it was my post which encouraged (I
17 didn't mean to!) you to take the plunge. I hope no problems pop up for
18 you, but in case you notice anything screwy, there's a tracker bug at
19 <https://bugs.gentoo.org/506276>.
20
21 > I'm impressed at the success of such a complex upgrade. Well done,
22 > team!
23
24 +1